Sunday, October 9, 2011

DIY skeleton hand earrings

I am crazy about jewelry. I love shopping online for crazy things you cant find in stores. The main place I get this fix is on ebay. I can truly say I am addicted to ebay shopping. Recently I found these skeleton hand earrings on ebay for only $4 and had to buy them. I loved them as they were but really wanted them to be gold. Sooooo a DIY project came up! This was a truly simple DIY project that took about 10min.

(before)

(after)

These earrings are shinier in person. I used a metallic spray paint I had on hand that I used for other projects to cover the earrings. Instead of spraying them with the spray paint I sprayed some onto a piece of cardboard and painted them with it. This way I was able to get into all the bends of the fingers. I put two coats on and allowed for enough drying time in between. The great thing about spray paint is that it normally dries really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment